These seven studies focus on rhythm.
- On: all parts play the same rhythm, focusing on downbeats.
- Off: no one ever plays a downbeat.
- Together: all parts play the same rhythm, but the notes are interestingly placed and hardly ever on obvious beats.
- Apart: displacements, rhythmic canons; anything to never play the same as another part.
- Seven: a fast 7/8 rhythm.
- Eleven: a fast, you guessed it: 11/8 rhythm.
- Tihaiku: combining an Indian Tihai and a Japanese Haiku.
The first four movements are freely available on IMSLP, the full composition is available on Tablatur.