The Courtly Suite (2008-2018)
The Courtly Suite
This suite has a long history. My friend Ed Kliman once suggested a collaboration for some theatre piece, where each character had a theme. The collaboration never happened, but over the next 10 years I wrote 10 movements, for recorder in various combinations.
- Fredo’s Chancon - Alto and continuo
- Autumn’s Allemande - C recorder and continuo
- The Queen’s Minuet - Alto and continuo
- Guarding the Cannon - Alto and Tenor with ostinato bass
- The Royal Twins - Two sopranos and continuo
- The Visitor from Afar - Pentatonic instrument and 2 basses or continuo
- The Cook’s Estampie - Alto solo or with continuo
- Lola sing Lala - Voice and alto and continuo
- The Last Pavane - C recorder and continuo
- Piper on the Ramparts at Dawn - Alto solo, or with continuo
Since I’m giving this away for free, why not buy me a coffee?